Are you eager to get into the field of nutrition?
Are you a mid-career professional planning your next direction?
Are you a professor teaching a professional development seminar?
Use this one-of-a-kind career workbook and journal for nutritionists, dietitians, and public health professionals to explore your career options.
Some topics include:
- understanding stages of careers
- career issues of special relevance to women
- non-traditional nutrition/dietetic careers
- tips from nutritionists
- assessing skills, abilities and interests
- identifying life experiences and how they’ve influences their career path
- identifying barriers and figuring out how to cope with them
- combining what they’ve learned/identified in helpful ways
- planning for the future
- future trends in dietetics
Inside the book:
- a manageable and thorough worksheet for recording your findings
- lists of resources
- chart that shows how to combine job interests, with major categories of jobs, and job types into non-traditional opportunities
- Please note: the information about becoming a registered dietitian in the book is out of date. See the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association (ADA) website for details.